Closes: Friday, October 11, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of higher education or training and development experience and over two years of experience developing and/or support with computers, software packages, and internet technologies. Candidates must be team players, creative, have good communication skills, and the knowledge and application of emerging technologies and associated software in the teaching/learning process.
- Master's degree in the area of Instructional Design/Development or Education
- Teaching experience
Instructional Developer II Learning Innovation and Instructional Design position is available on the Central Campus.
Overview of Department
The Office of Faculty Development provides instructional support, guidance, and resources to all faculty at Central Piedmont. Faculty learning and development team members engage faculty and academic administrators across the college with programming and services that promote creativity, collaboration, and reflective practices in support of teaching and learning
excellence. This position will promote, guide, and train faculty in the development and delivery of quality classroom instruction using research-based practices and standards.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for facilitating faculty learning and development workshops and programs across a variety of pedagogical practices, technology, and course
Supports CPCC faculty with the development and delivery of quality classroom instruction using research-based standards, quality practices in training and development, and innovative tools and instructional strategies that promote student success.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists instructors in aligning instructional and assessment strategies to student learning outcomes in classroom instruction and/or programs.
2. Develops quality online faculty professional development programming.
3. Partners with faculty to build course content for professional development programming.
4. Provides training to instructors for teaching and learning excellence.
5. Keeps up to date with new software products that will enhance classroom instruction.
6. Assists with maintaining quality control and continuous improvement of faculty development programming to support student engagement and learning.
7. Assists instructors with implementation of best practices in course design and delivery.
8. Consults with faculty and staff to identify instructional development needs; provides direction and guidance regarding content, instructional design, and media selection.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
· Knowledge and application of emerging technologies and associate software
· Ability to apply technology in teaching/learning process
· Competency in applying and using computer and emerging technologies
· Knowledge of learning theories in development and application of instruction
· Ability to interact and provide information to individuals or groups with diverse background
· Listening skills
How to Apply
Job Post Contact