Closes: Friday, December 6, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School diploma or GED and five years of work experience in the Information Technology (IT) field and/or automotive industry.
Instructional Lab Facilitator position is located on the Merancas Campus (TST) in room 122. This is a grant funded position which will end July 31, 2020.
Overview of Department
A position for Electric Vehicle Lab Facilitator is available in the Transport Systems Technologies Division at Central Piedmont Community College, Merancas Campus.
The Automotive Systems Technology program within Central Piedmont Community College’s Transport Systems Technologies Division is a leading provider of automotive systems training due to its outstanding faculty, industry partnerships, co-op opportunities, and state of the art facilities.
Plans and coordinates laboratory activities to support instructional programs and to provide assistance to students. Responsibilities include planning and coordinating laboratory activities to support the Automotive instructional programs, including Hybrid and electric vehicles.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Monitors laboratory activities; enforces rules and regulations and ensures safe environment.
2. Monitors students in laboratory classes; assists students with laboratory class-related problems, reviews student lab work, monitors student progress and tests.
3. Prepares facility for classes and ensures that work areas are clean and neat; ensures that equipment, materials, and handouts are laid out for classes.
4. Assists in maintaining laboratory equipment; performs simple maintenance, cleans and stores equipment when not in use, monitors condition, and notifies supervisor of any needed repairs.
5. Monitors inventory of materials and supplies, initiates ordering process as needed.
6. Researches and evaluates new equipment, and makes recommendations regarding purchase decisions.
7. Maintains a library of materials which may include books, tapes, and magazines.
8. Monitors activities of part-time student lab assistants; establishes schedules and assigns tasks.
9. Maintains records of laboratory activities and student files including grades and attendance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Knowledge of laboratory procedures
Ability to work well with individuals with diverse background
How to Apply
Job Post Contact