Closes: Thursday, October 18, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution in an Information Technology (IT) related field
• Two years of relevant work experience
• CompTIA or equivalent IT certifications
GENERAL FUNCTION AND JOB DUTIES
Instructional Lab Facilitator position will be located on the Central Campus.
Overview of Department/Division
Central Piedmont Community College's Information Technology (IT) Division is a part of STEM. The primary mission of this division is workforce development. The division boasts an award-winning staff, groundbreaking technology, and a hands-on, application-based IT degree program with specialty diploma offerings in cybercrime/digital forensics, database administration, and programming. This dynamic and fast-paced work environment attracts both students and employees who enjoy being at the forefront of technological change and innovation.
This position will provide support to faculty and students in the classroom/lab environment.
Plans and coordinates laboratory activities to support instructional programs and provide tutorial services to students.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Monitors laboratory activities; enforces rules and regulations and ensures safe environment.
2. Instructs students in laboratory classes; assists students with laboratory class-related problems, tutors students, reviews student lab work, monitorsstudent progress, tests, and grades students.
3. Prepares facility for classes and ensures that work areas are clean and neat; ensures that equipment, materials, and handouts prepared for classes.
4. Assists in maintaining laboratory equipment; performs maintenance, cleans and stores equipment when not in use, monitors condition, and notifiessupervisor of any needed repairs.
5. Monitors inventory of materials and supplies.
6. Researches and evaluates new equipment, and makes recommendations regarding purchase decisions.
7. Maintains a library of materials which may include books, software, and hardware
8. Monitors activities of part-time student lab assistants; establishes schedules and assigns tasks.
9. Maintains records of laboratory activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
· Knowledge of laboratory procedures
· Ability to work well with individuals with diverse background
· Computer literate, customer friendly, strong work ethic
· Computer hardware and software knowledge
How to Apply
Job Post Contact