Closes: Monday, November 12, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Automotive Systems Technology or related field
High School Diploma/GED, ASE Certification or CDL License and two years of automotive work experience
Instructional Lab Facilitator position will be located on the Merancas Campus.
CPCC's Transport Systems Technologies Division includes a variety of programs designed to prepare individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills to repair, service and maintain automobiles or diesel engine vehicles. This division help to equip students with the required skills needed to become successful in the transportation industry. A wide range of programs are offered in the transportation field such as Automotive Systems Technology, Collision Repair. Diesel and Heavy Equipment and the Truck Driving Program. The Transportation Technology programs are leading providers of automotive systems training due to its outstanding faculty, industry partnerships, co-op opportunities and state of-the-art facilities.
This position will plan and coordinate laboratory activities to support the transportation department instructional programs. For more information please visit http://www.cpcc.edu/transport_systems
Plans and coordinates laboratory activities to support the Auto Body and Automotive instructional programs.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Monitors laboratory activities; enforces rules and regulations and ensures safe environment.
2. Instructs students in laboratory classes; assists students with laboratory class-related problems, tutors students, reviews student lab work, monitors student progress, tests, and grades students.
3. Prepares facility for classes and ensures that work areas are clean and neat; ensures that equipment, materials, and handouts are laid out for classes.
4. Assists in maintaining laboratory equipment; performs simple maintenance, cleans and stores equipment when not in use, monitors condition, and notifies supervisor of any needed repairs.
5. Monitors inventory of materials and supplies, initiates ordering process as needed.
6. Researches and evaluates new equipment, and makes recommendations regarding purchase decisions.
7. Maintains a library of materials which may include books, tapes, and magazines.
8. Monitors activities of part-time student lab assistants; establishes schedules and assigns tasks.
9. Maintains records of laboratory activities and student files including grades and attendance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Supervisory Skills
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures
- Ability to work well with individuals with diverse background
How to Apply
Job Post Contact