Closes: Friday, October 18, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Requires a high school diploma or GED; completion of a minimum of at least one (1) course beyond high school related to office or administrative support skills (may include computer or office technology skills); and one (1) year of full-time experience (or the equivalent in part-time) experience in an office environment working in an administrative support position
GENERAL FUNCTION AND JOB DUTIES
Instructional Office Assistant position available on the Central Campus.
Overview of Department/Division
The Hospitality Education Division is home for the Culinary Arts, Baking & Pastry Arts, Hospitality Management and the CCE Hospitality programs. The Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management programs are housed at the new Philip L. Van Every Culinary Arts Center on the Central Campus. The Baking & Pastry Arts and CCE Hospitality programs are located at the Harris Campus. These programs offer Associate degrees, as well as, various diplomas and certificates.
Performs a variety of standard to moderately complex administrative and clerical tasks in support of instruction programs, learning initiatives and operations of an academic unit.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides detailed information to current students and prospective students regarding department's instruction programs and policies; responds to faculty and student inquiries by phone or in person.
2. May assist faculty with acquiring and assembling class materials, and equipment; may assist with coordination of new faculty orientation.
3. May process course forms and information; may enter course and faculty information into computer system.
4. May type and proofread a variety of instruction material including correspondence, reports, and exams; may gather, summarize, analyze and assist in preparing comprehensive reports for learning outcome and instruction program evaluation.
5. May assist in preparing teaching contracts for part-time faculty; may monitor class load to ensure contract compliance; may inform Division Director of any discrepancies.
6. May monitor budget of various academic units; may inform Division Director and/or Program Chair regarding budget status; may initiate budget transfers; may assist in compiling information for department's budget request.
7. May review requisitions content and conformance to current instruction and college policy; may make preliminary determination of compliance and refers to Division Director.
8. May monitor activity of the department to ensure all forms and reports are completed by deadline; may assist in completing forms and reports.
9. May perform various administrative tasks including maintaining calendar, scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements and preparing authorization for reimbursement, and arranging meetings for Division Director, Program Chair and/or faculty.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment
Knowledge of computer and office applications
Writing and proofreading skills
Ability to work with the public and individuals from diverse backgrounds
How to Apply
Job Post Contact