Closes: Friday, May 20, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s Degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Master’s Degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution with a concentration in academic library services or a second Master’s Degree in a related discipline.
- One year of post-graduate work in an academic library.
- Documented experience delivering student centered reference and instructional services in an academic library environment.
- Documented experience working with online course management tools.
- Completion of one online course as a student or instructor.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The Instructional Services Librarian reports directly to the Director of Library Services and has primary responsibility for the development and implementation of an information literacy program and instructional services that support student learning. This librarian has supervisory responsibility for public services during the day and for the department in the absence of the Director of Library Services. This librarian also performs a variety of library services, including reference assistance, web and online content design, and collection development.
- Develop, implement, and continuously evaluate the library’s information literacy program and instructional services in cooperation with the Director of Library Services; Electronic Services Librarian; and RCC faculty.
- Design and teach information-based instructional sessions and workshops to students, faculty, and staff at on- and off-campus locations and online.
- Plan, prepare, and provide print and online informational and instructional support materials.
- Collaborate with RCC faculty to develop assignments and incorporate library resources into specific classes.
- Supervise public service activities in the library and computer lab during the day hours by providing direction to staff and overseeing services.
- Provide comprehensive reference service in person and online to faculty, staff, students, and other library patrons.
- Assist library patrons in the use of computer equipment and software.
- Communicate copyright law to faculty, staff, and students.
- Participate in collection development of print and electronic resources.
OTHER LIBRARY DUTIES
- Design, conduct, and analyze student and faculty surveys.
- Collaborate with the Electronic Services Librarian on website design, content, and ADA compliance.
- Compile statistics and maintain accurate records in areas of responsibility in adherence to state and accrediting regulations.
- Maintain up-to-date work procedures.
- Identify and pursue grant opportunities.
- Assume operational responsibility for the department in the absence of the Director of Library Services.
- Participate in activities that contribute to individual professional development in support of the mission of the department.
- Participate in departmental, advisory, and institutional meetings, and announced co-curricular activities of the College.
- Actively contribute to the annual planning process.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Library Services.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations. Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205