Instructional Simulation Support Technician
Sandhills Community College
3395 Airport Road
Pinehurst, NC 28374
Sandhills - Main Campus
Opens: Friday, May 19, 2023
Closes: Monday, June 19, 2023
Closes: Monday, June 19, 2023
Target Start Date
Tuesday, August 1, 2023
Expected Work Hours
Sr. Vice President of Academic Affairs and Institutional Planning
- Familiarity with PC and Mac platforms with experience in MS Office and the ability to learn additional software programs, including audiovisual and computerized simulation equipment.
- Experience with providing technical support in networking, computer hardware or software.
- Knowledge of the operation of standard audio-visual equipment: projectors, microphones, portable screens, media players, etc.
- Mechanical skills to competently maintain and use equipment in the simulation center.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) to interact with and work effectively with other faculty, staff, students, and vendors in a positive, helpful and cooperative working relationship.
- Organizational and time management skills to keep materials in order, track various projects, maintain files, and follow through assignments to completion.
- Physical ability to lift, move, maintain and set up computer, audio-visual and simulation lab equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. without assistance
- Clinical knowledge and experience working in healthcare simulation.
- Associate degree in Healthcare Simulation Technology or computer-related field
- Experience with use and/or maintenance of medical equipment
The Instructional Simulation Support Technician aids the Nursing and Health Science Departments in using simulation equipment to provide directed clinical experiences to students. This position ensures the upkeep and smooth functioning of simulation equipment, audio-visual equipment and computers for instruction and testing in Foundation and Kennedy Halls.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works with CoLAS coordinator and other faculty in nursing and health sciences on production of simulation activities. Duties may include:
- Programming simulator software to model simulator's physiological response to instructor specifications.
- Operating patient simulators and cameras for the duration of simulations.
- Operating and maintaining audio-visual and debriefing systems.
- Setting up and taking down simulation laboratory equipment.
- Setting up and maintaining computer-based training programs including mixed and virtual reality.
- Maintains current knowledge of simulation, lab, and AV equipment catalogs and operation manuals.
- Check laptops and iPads weekly for necessary updates.
- Provides routine inventory of electronic equipment.
- Provides training to faculty, instructors and staff in the use of simulation and technology equipment.
- Provides recommendations on purchase of equipment, supplies and materials.
- Provides technical support for equipment including:
- Monitors/TVs in control rooms
- A/V equipment
- Task Trainers
- Beds/examination tables
- Patient monitors
- Other health care equipment
- Individual testing rooms
- Collects data for ongoing ROI.
- Communicates and coordinates with the ITS director and department regarding simulation/faculty needs and pertinent ITS information and processes and attends ITC meetings.
- “Maintains simulation activities and learner confidentiality.”
- Organize, maintain and restock skills lab and simulation laboratory supplies.
- Communicates effectively with manufacturers regarding maintenance, repairs, updates and technology changes.
- Support upkeep of office computers
- Assist students with personal device issues especially during testing
- Assist with Moodle/smarter ID/smarter proctoring implementation
- Maintains all security measures including those protecting student privacy and campus cybersecurity.