Rockingham Community College
215 Wrenn Memorial Road
Wentworth, NC 27375
Closes: Friday, March 29, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
A Bachelor’s Degree in education, English, math, reading, science or other related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum 6 months teaching experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer and technology skills.
Must be physically able to perform job duties.
Knowledge and experience with instructional software programs.
Experience working with students with learning differences or delays.
Work experience in Title II Adult Education.
The Instructional Specialist serves as lead instructor of distance education for adult basic skills and high school equivalency. The individual will provide curriculum development support to seated ABE and HSE classes. The Instructional Specialist will also serve as coordinator for the Career College program.
- Facilitate online instruction including online time accounting and attendance tracking.
- Maintain accurate records of enrollment, attendance, and student progress.
- Design and implement individual plans for students.
- Utilize a variety of teaching methods, with the use of technology, to meet the needs of students.
- Create contextualized plans for distance students.
- Monitor lesson planning and development.
- Provide instructional support for traditional ABE/HSE classrooms to ensure alignment with NC Adult Content Standards.
- Evaluate student test scores and implement a course of study that places student in appropriate programs.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to increase participation in Career College.
- Monitor Career College instruction and lesson planning across program areas.
- Serve as instructor for adult basic skills portion of Career College.
- Serve as academic coach in all program areas of Career College.
- Participate in staff development, division meetings, and college activities as requested or assigned.
- Participate in program level planning and improvement processes.
- Attend training at the local and state level in order to assure compliance with assessment and retention of students, program implementation, and Colleague updates.