Main Campus - Smithfield, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, December 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma.
One year or more experience working in the community college setting with Colleague, standardized testing, LEIS data reporting or Basic Skills programs.
Associate's degree in a business, computer or other related field.
Assists in multiple areas of Basic Skills programs, as needed, to provide direct instructional support to faculty members and currently enrolled students.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Basic Skills faculty members with student retention. Upon instructor request, contacts students who have not been attending scheduled classes to encourage continual attendance.
- Provides assistance for new student orientations by placing reminder calls and emails to students who have recently taken the TABE placement test.
- Assist LEIS Coordinator with internal audit files and student master files: filing, shredding & organizing by contract number and semester.
- Assist faculty members with class textbook sets, instructional copies and textbook inventory.
- Recruit for potential class sites and classes with low enrollment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of students or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact