Instructional Technologies Specialist
Wilkes Community College
1328 South Collegiate Drive
Wilkesboro, NC 28697
Wilkes Campus - Wilkes Community College
Commensurate with education and experience in accordance with the college salary plan.
Opens: Wednesday, September 7, 2022
Closes: Friday, September 30, 2022
Closes: Friday, September 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Monday, October 3, 2022
Expected Work Hours
Vice President of Information Technology and Operations/CIO and primarily supports instructional technologies
- Associate degree in technology, a closely related field, or Associate degree with two years of experience working with instructional tools, Microsoft 365, and report creation.
- Proven ability to continually adapt and learn about new technologies and educational design strategies.
- Experience in a community college setting.
- Experience providing technical training and help desk support.
- Experience working with a learning management system.
- Experience with Informer reports.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague.
- Experience with Microsoft 365.
- Experience with web development/forms.
- Experience with developing and delivering training.
- Experience with instructional technologies.
- Experience with Healthcare Simulation.
This full-time 12-month position reports to the Vice President of Information Technology and Operations/CIO and primarily supports instructional technologies. The position is responsible for providing technical support to students, faculty, and staff. The Instructional Technologies Specialist demonstrates quality customer service, innovation, and initiative.
- Provide support for learning technologies, and instructional tools – including online resources, student accounts, and digital course capture technologies, and serve as backup support for the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Research and identify best practices in instructional technologies that will enhance instruction and student learning.
- Provide support to faculty and staff for synchronous and asynchronous classrooms and software.
- Provide design and installation support for classroom technologies.
- Provide instructional technology support for healthcare simulation equipment.
- Provide individual and group professional development on using various instructional technologies; Create innovative and engaging online training tutorials in multiple formats, including video and podcast.
- Monitor help desk requests to determine and resolve problems reported from users, along with documenting and closing support request tickets.
- Maintain accurate and organized records to comply with audits, and the Vice President of Information Technology/CIO needs.
- Introduce new products and processes in accordance with college strategy and the vision of the IT department.
- Serve as an ambassador for Information Technology to all divisions of the college.
- Deliver positive, high-quality internal and external customer service.
- Deliver positive, high-quality internal and external team interactions.
- Maintain adequate communications with the Vice President of Information Technology/CIO and inform of any problems or issues relating to assigned duties.
- Attend technology training and conferences as necessary to remain current and as determined by the Vice President of Information Technology/CIO.
- Demonstrate a commitment to WCC’s mission, learner-centered vision, and core values
- Support the college’s initiatives to enhance critical thinking skills and global awareness of our students.
- Be committed to continuous improvement through assessment and evidence-based decision-making.
- Other related duties as required by the college administration.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact