201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, December 20, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Please make sure to list all relevant experience you have in the field of instruction in your application.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be trained, or willing to obtain required training to enter Correctional facilities.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, with the ability to lift and maneuver items relevant to the field of instruction.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and must value collaboration; possess good teaching and organization skills; able to communicate effectively both in verbal and written expression; and possess an educational philosophy that is compatible with the mission of Gaston College.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 10/18/22
Instructor will teach classes in Human Resources Development (Employability Skills), Adult Basic Education, and/or High School Equivalency preparation in correctional facilities and college or community locations. Instructor will also complete associated paperwork in a variety of subjects to ensure compliance with state and federal policies and/or grant regulations. Must be able to teach day or evening classes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop/approve class schedule(s) under the direction of the Life Skills and Workforce Development department staff as requested.
- Prepare and teach assigned classes and create lesson plans.
- Maintain accurate records (such as attendance, grades, documentation, etc.) and submit any corresponding reports according to departmental or college guidelines.
- Provide effective instruction to students by preparing for each learning experience and using effective evaluation methods to measure student performance.
- Assess student learning and instructional practices.
- Monitor and report student progress and maintain current class attendance rosters.
- Advise and mentor students.
- Facilitate student learning through in-class activities.
- Perform retention procedures to include contacting students via phone and mail.
- Identify and resolve barriers to student access and success and make appropriate referrals.
- Identify and implement assessment measures in compliance with state and federal policy that achieve course, program and college learning outcomes.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge within teaching field.
- Collaborate with internal and external constituents as well as peer faculty to create a rich and rewarding learning environment for adult learners.
- Incorporate pedagogies that support best learning practices.
- Assist in expanding the variety of instructional delivery options available to students.
- Participation in departmental and divisional orientation and training sessions.
This position is housed at an external agency therefore candidates must meet the agency’s safety protocols.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact