COA - Dare
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, May 16, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Student centered approach to education.
- Commitment to teaching in a comprehensive community college.
- Experience teaching via internet and/or web conference.
Candidates for employment will need to be available to teach summer classes on Wednesdays (1:30pm-2:50pm) at COA - Dare. The Summer Semester begins Monday, May 16 and ends Tuesday, July 26.
The role of the Part-Time Instructor, ACA is to provide knowledge in his/her field of expertise and to promote various student-centered learning activities that will stimulate an interest in critical thinking, growth mindset and a desire for life-long learning. Various teaching strategies, learning styles and delivery methods, including new technology systems, will be utilized to reach this goal.
The Part-Time Instructor, ACA receives supervision from the Program Coordinator, Academic Foundations.
Examples of Duties:
- Prepares, teaches and evaluates assigned instructional courses.
- Adheres to assigned teaching load/hours.
- Integrates new technology in instructional delivery methods.
- Develops supplemental teaching materials to augment courses.
- Implements new teaching strategies as appropriate.
- Keeps students advised of their progress in class.
- Maintains accurate records of students' attendance and performance.
- Submits reports in accurate and timely manner.
- Updates course syllabi to reflect changes.
- Supplies information/data for the annual department budget based on stated goals.
- Adheres to/enforces policies and procedures related to academic area.
- Adheres to College's policies and procedures.
- Stays abreast of new developments and changes in academic field.
- Performs other duties as assigned.