COA - Dare
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, October 8, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Master's degree in Mathematics or Master's degree with 18 graduate semester hours in mathematics from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Two years teaching experience at the secondary or post-secondary level.
College of The Albemarle welcomes applications from individuals interested in an adjunct (part-time) Instructor, Academic Foundations - Mathematics position. Part-time and/or substitute instructor appointments are made on a semester-by-semester and/or as needed basis. Positions are not benefit eligible. The candidate should have the ability to accommodate a flexible working schedule and limited travel within the service area. This job posting will serve as a pool of applicants from which the hiring manager may consult as needs arise.
Applicants must complete the online application in its entirety, including an unofficial copy of their college transcript.
Applications will remain active for 12 months.
The role of the Part-Time Instructor, Academic Foundations - Mathematics is to provide knowledge in his/her field of expertise and to promote various student-centered learning activities that will stimulate an interest in critical thinking, growth mindset and a desire for life-long learning. Various teaching strategies, learning styles and delivery methods, including new technology systems, will be utilized to reach this goal.
The Part-Time Instructor, Academic Foundations - Mathematics receives supervision from the Program Coordinator, Academic Foundations.
Examples of Duties:
- Prepares, teaches and evaluates assigned instructional courses.
- Adheres to assigned teaching load/hours.
- Integrates new technology in instructional delivery methods.
- Develops supplemental teaching materials to augment courses.
- Implements new teaching strategies as appropriate.
- Keeps students advised of their progress in class.
- Maintains accurate records of students' attendance and performance.
- Submits reports in accurate and timely manner.
- Updates course syllabi to reflect changes.
- Supplies information/data for the annual department budget based on stated goals.
- Adheres to/enforces policies and procedures related to academic area.
- Adheres to College's policies and procedures.
- Stays abreast of new developments and changes in academic field.
- Performs other duties as assigned.