- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, December 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
The faculty member will have the educational background needed to meet accreditation/approval, certification and departmental requirements.
• Master’s degree in Accounting or a related field that includes 18 graduate hours in Accounting courses from a regionally accredited institution.
• Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant
• 3 years of recent professional experience in Accounting
• 1 year of post-secondary teaching and/or professional training experience in Accounting or Business Practices in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars.
• Doctoral degree in a relevant field from a regionally accredited university
• 18 graduate hours in Business, Economics, Human Resource Management, or Supply Chain Management
• Excel Certification (2013 or higher)
• QuickBooks Certification
• Greater than 3 years of recent professional experience in Accounting
• Greater than 1 year of post-secondary teaching and/or professional training experience in Accounting or Business Practices in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars
• Community college teaching experience
• Experience with distance learning or alternate instructional delivery systems
• Experience using enterprise application software, such as SAP
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. The successful candidate will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
The Division of Business, Creative & Performing Arts at Guilford Technical Community College seeks an energetic, enthusiastic, and collaborative accounting professional/educator to join our team. Under general supervision by the Dean and Department Chair, this individual will prepare and teach courses designed for transfer and in support of career and technical programs to include Principles of Financial and Managerial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting, Income and Business Taxes, Payroll, Cost Accounting, Government and Not-for-Profit Accounting, and Auditing. The ideal candidate should also be proficient in accounting software such as Excel and QuickBooks, be prepared to integrate these technology skills into the classroom, be able to teach at times and locations that meet the needs of students, and be committed to working constructively with all facets of a growing Accounting program within a community college setting.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact