- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, February 17, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s degree in Accounting or a related field that includes 18 graduate hours in Accounting courses from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant; or the ability to attain one of these certifications within 18 months as a condition of employment; or a PhD in Accounting from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
- 3 years of recent professional experience in Accounting
- 3 years of post-secondary teaching and/or professional training experience in Accounting or Business Practices in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars.
- Doctoral degree in Accounting or a related field that includes 18 graduate hours in Accounting courses from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
- 18 graduate hours in Business, Economics, Human Resource Management, or Supply Chain Management
- Excel Certification (2013 or higher)
- QuickBooks Certification
- Greater than 3 years of recent professional experience in Accounting
- Greater than 3 years of post-secondary teaching and/or professional training experience in Accounting or Business Practices in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars
- Community college teaching experience
- Experience with distance learning or alternate instructional delivery systems
- Experience using enterprise application software, such as SAP
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of NC. Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional leader, who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the team as our new Instructor, Accounting.
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. The successful candidate will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
The Division of Business, Creative & Performing Arts at Guilford Technical Community College seeks an energetic, enthusiastic, and collaborative accounting professional/educator to join our team. Under general supervision by the Dean and Department Chair, this individual will prepare and teach courses designed for transfer and in support of career and technical programs to include Principles of Financial and Managerial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting, Income and Business Taxes, Payroll, Cost Accounting, Government and Not-for-Profit Accounting, and Auditing. The ideal candidate should also be proficient in accounting software such as Excel and QuickBooks, be prepared to integrate these technology skills into the classroom, be able to teach at times and locations that meet the needs of students, and be committed to working constructively with all facets of a growing Accounting program within a community college setting.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact