Blue Ridge Community College Campuses. Flat Rock, North Carolina; Henderson County
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, October 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Come Join Our TEAM!
Blue Ridge Community College is currently seeking applications for an Instructor- Accounting 9 month. The primary purpose of the Instructor of Accounting position is to sustain teaching performance at appropriate college levels for all assigned student populations to include course loads, instructional technology, instructional materials and innovative communication delivery in the accounting related disciplines. This load may include seated, hybrid, and online classes with day and evening course assignments which may include courses at any campus location or at any area high school.
Education: Master’s Degree from accredited institution with a concentration in Accounting or closely related field preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or closely related filed required.
Experience: All persons must provide verifiable and relevant professional experience in a work-place setting or demonstrated instructional/teaching environment. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum 3 years of recent professional experience in accounting.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong personal and professional integrity, good verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical skills, data-driven thinking, and a commitment to safety.
• Student-centered mindset
• Solution-centered mindset, works well in a team setting
• Team player who contributes to a positive environment and a department workplace emphasizing institutional core values
• Demonstrated proficiency of current accounting tools/strategies. Demonstrated proficiency using Excel and Microsoft Office Suite or similar products, QuickBooks, database systems, College email and website, and other computer applications associated with the position.
• Ability to develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with community organizations, high school partners, college staff, and the general public.
• Flexible schedule- is available in the evenings and on weekends as needed
Physical Demands: The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Instituti
How to Apply
Job Post Contact