- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, December 11, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Minimum 3 years in Adult Education or industry training required.
- Experience with curriculum design, synchronous and asynchronous distance learning.
- Second language acquisition experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
- Master’s degree in Adult Education, TESOL or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Community College Adult Education teaching or training experience preferred.
- Proficiency/fluency in a second language preferred.
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college
The Adult Education Instructor’s responsibilities include providing instruction to Adult Education learners, mentoring adjunct instructors, assisting with the development of new program pathways and courses, and acting as one of the instructional leaders of the Adult Education programs. This person will report directly to the Director of English for Speakers of Other Languages. This person will also assist with student recruitment, orientation, follow-up, and other duties as needed for the Adult Education programs.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact