Instructor, Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration (ACI) [9-month]
Albemarle Correctional Institution
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, March 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree in the field of Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration
- Three years of Industry Experience
- EPA Refrigerant Certification
- Prior community college teaching experience preferred
- NATE or ESCO certification preferred
Instructor, Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration (ACI) provides quality learning experiences, facilitates and evaluates the learning process, advises students, participates in professional development opportunities, and contributes to the development of curriculum, continuing education, and customized training courses/programs at Albemarle Correctional Institution. The instructor will also ensure that lab(s) and equipment are safe and properly maintained.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach program material via seated and online classes as required by the schedule
- Learn new material to keep up with changing technology
- Facilitate regular and substantive interaction via proactive communication with students
- Participate in recruiting new students
- Ensure classrooms, labs, and lab equipment are in good repair and maintain a safe environment for students and employees
- Serve as a mentor to students in your area of expertise
- Teach all assigned courses, in accordance with the College’s Faculty Teaching Load policy, for the full duration of scheduled instruction.
- Ensure that each class session contains essential curricular components, incorporates appropriate content and pedagogy, and is relevant to current events/trends.
- As needed, teach classes online, on-campus, and/or at off-campus sites.
- Teach an academic success class as needed.
- Evaluate student progress and provide appropriate, timely feedback.
- Maintain regular, appropriate, professional communication with students.
- Incorporate appropriate instructional technology to enhance student learning.
- Ensure cleanliness of instructional areas and laboratories.
- Ensure the proper operation of classroom/lab equipment, reporting any malfunctions to the appropriate person(s).
- Participate in the evaluation and acquisition of instructional materials, audiovisual aids, support and equipment needs.
- Develop and distribute course syllabi according to the established template and guidelines, providing appropriate information to students concerning course expectations, evaluation criteria, and access to student support services.
Other Services to Students
- Maintain appropriate accessibility for students while following the policies of Albemarle Correctional Institute.
- Serve as an educational advisor to assigned students by providing academic and employment planning as needed.
- Maintain regular, appropriate, professional communication with advisees as needed.
- Participate in semester advising and registration activities as assigned.
- Verify graduation degree audits as assigned.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention efforts of the College as needed.
- Advocate and provide motivation for students.
- Communicate student needs to the Department/Program Head, the Correctional Institute coordinator, and the appropriate staff at Albemarle Correctional Institute.
Divisional Administrative Expectations
- Prepare and submit instructional records, reports, grades, and all other required paperwork in a timely, efficient manner meeting all deadlines, and checking for accuracy, correctness, and completeness of all data.
- Remain current in discipline and instructional methods through professional development activities offered by the College and other opportunities including attendance at off-campus activities, webinars, etc., as approved.
- Participate in program and curriculum review.
- Serve on and actively contribute to college committees as assigned.
- Participate in campus activities.
- Participate in discipline, departmental, divisional, and institutional meetings and other announced co-curricular activities of the College.
- Maintain regular, professional communication within the college and affiliated industry contacts.
- Maintain hours at the job station sufficient to fulfill all contracted duties and individual professional obligations and meet the needs of the discipline, department, division, and College.
- Support all functions of the College, including compliance with all facets of the College's academic policies.
Other Duties Specific to this Position
- Provide and/or facilitate quality experiences in laboratory and/or clinical settings to meet program needs.
- Report any safety issues or equipment maintenance needs in the HVAC labs to the Coordinator of Correctional Education, Program Head, Correctional Institute Coordinator, and appropriate staff at Albemarle Correctional Institute.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- Microsoft Office
How to Apply
Please complete an online application at www.stanly.edu/college-information/employment-opportunities.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001