Rocky Mount, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, February 17, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's Degree with from a regionally accredited institution with prior instructional experience and 2 years work experience in a related field or an Associate’s Degree in Industrial Systems Technology or related field from a regionally accredited institution with prior instructional experience and 4 years work experience in a related field. Willingness to cross-train abilities to meet the needs of the Applied Engineering Technology Department and Nash CC Must have EPA 608 universal certification & A2L refrigerant certification minimum.
Responsible for providing effective instruction consistent with established objectives, effective advisement of students, accurate record keeping and reporting, and curriculum or course review and evaluation.
- Provide effective learning experiences for students using a variety of teaching methods.
- Give students at the beginning of each course a course outline which lists measurable learning objectives and expected outcomes of students and which follows the designated outline format of NCC.
- Develop and submit up-to-date course outlines to the Dean of Curriculum CTE prior to the course being taught.
- Ability and willingness to teach college classes to CITI (Center for Industry Technology and Innovation HS) and CCP (Career and College Promise) students for Nash CC
- Assess on a regular basis the success rate of students in each class taught, the retention and graduation rate of all advisees and submit this information to the respective department chair in May of each year.
- Contact students who are absent from class.
- Schedule regular student contact hours and post schedule prior to the end of the add period.
- Serve as curriculum student advisor as assigned and verify readiness for graduation.
- Maintain classroom environment and report problems in a timely manner.
- Maintain shop and lab safety within current regulations.
- Safeguard and keep accurate inventory of instructional and office equipment and report any irregularities to department chair.
- Leave classrooms suitable for the next class.
- Maintain accurate scholastic and membership records of students enrolled in classes and to submit reports according to the established schedule.
- Perform assigned duties during registration and extended registration.
- Present to the respective Department Chair recommendations for improving the instructional programs.
- Furnish input to the Department Chair as to supply, textbook, resource, and equipment needs for instructional purposes.
- Attend all scheduled faculty meetings unless there is a conflict with a scheduled class.
- Work with the program advisory committee related to curriculum.
- Serve on institutional committees and to fulfill committee assignments.
- Participate in on-going curriculum review and formal evaluation and implement necessary changes for improvement.
- Stay abreast of changes in technology and obtain recognized certification(s) as required in identified software and/or hardware systems.
- Recognize technology-based instructional methodologies
- Instruct, as needed, on-line or technology-based course(s) in keeping with the workload policy.
- Attend annual graduation exercises.
- Use Web Attendance feature of Self Service.
- Participate in professional development activities provided by NCC.
- Participate in College events and activities.
- Maintain regular and consistent on-site attendance during normal hours of college operations in fulfillment of duties not inconsistent with the expectations for full-time employees and College policies and procedures.
- Initiate and answer telephone calls and video conference calls.
- Perform other duties as assigned which contribute to the efficient and effective operation of NCC.
- Serve on various committees as assigned.
- Participate in and support ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation to improve student learning.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees may request reasonable accommodation(s) if necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Maintain stationary position, sitting or standing, for extended periods of time.
- Operate a computer and other office machinery.
- Occasionally lift, move, transport, install, or remove items weighing up to 15 pounds.
- The ability to communicate information so that others understand.
- The ability to observe details.
- Occasionally move to different classrooms across campus to provide instruction, advising, and instructional support.
- Drive to remote instructional sites or other locations in performance of the duties listed in this job description.