Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
340 Victoria Road
Asheville NC 28801
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, June 9, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Master’s Degree in Art, Fine Arts, or related discipline with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in Art;
2. Teaching experience in higher education;
3. Experience as an instructor with learning management systems within the past five years such as Moodle or Blackboard;
4. Experience teaching graphic design, 2-D, or 3-D art;
5. Experience working in fine arts within the past five years.
1. Experience teaching at a community college.
2. Two years of full-time or equivalent teaching experience in higher education.
3. Experience advising students.
4. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position provides instruction in Art and advising students pursuing the Associate of Fine Arts. This position also contributes to General Education, and to College and Division initiatives.
1. Maintains mastery of subject matter.
2. Teaches in a variety of formats and in various locations.
3. Establishes learning outcomes that are relevant and meaningful.
4. Evaluates student progress in a fair, consistent, and timely manner.
5. Maintains accurate records of student performance and submits grades according to deadlines.
6. Serves on College committees.
7. Advises Associate of Fine Art students (all AFA advisees during summer).
8. Adheres to policies, procedures, values/ethics, expectations, and practices of the College Department, and discipline.
9. Oversees and maintains the Fine Arts equipment and facilities, including the Mac Computer Lab, which involves
checkout/return of video and photography equipment, ordering and inventory of lab supplies and equipment.
10. Mentors and trains adjunct instructors in all aspects of the Fine Arts curriculum.
11. Maintains departmental webpage.
12. Coordinates the annual student art show including developing advertisement and invitations, installation, and planning of receptions.
13. Works with area universities on developing and maintaining articulation of the Associate of Fine Arts in Graphic Design and New Media.
14. Upholds the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
15. Supports diversity in all aspects.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.