Blue Ridge Community College, Flat Rock, North Carolina; Henderson County
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, November 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Come Join Our TEAM!
Blue Ridge Community College is currently seeking applications for an Instructor- Art, 9 month. The purpose of this position is to sustain a high quality teaching performance in Art including appropriate course loads. This load may include seated, hybrid, and online classes with day and evening course assignments which may include courses at any campus location or at any area high school. The position will be based on the Henderson County campus.
Education: Must have Master’s Degree in ART or a master’s degree in a closely related field with 18 graduate hours in ART. The ability to teach in another discipline is a plus.
Experience: A minimum of two years teaching experience, or relevant professional experience in a work-place setting or demonstrated instructional/teaching environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong personal and professional integrity, work-ethic and a commitment to safety.
• Student-centered mindset.
• Solution-centered mindset, works well in a team setting.
• Team player who contributes to a positive environment and a department workplace emphasizing institutional core values.
• Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
• Demonstrate proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or similar products, database systems, College email and website, and other computer applications associated with the position.
• Ability to develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with community organizations, high school partners, college staff, and the general public.
• Flexible schedule- is available in the evenings and on weekends as needed.
The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution
How to Apply
Job Post Contact