Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, May 20, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Master of Fine Arts degree in Art or related discipline with 18 hours in Art;
2. Teaching experience in higher education;
3. Experience as an instructor with learning management systems within the past five years such as Moodle or Blackboard;
4. Experience in graphic design within the past five years.
1. Experience teaching at a community college;
2. Demonstrated proficiency in foreign language and/or second language, including American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position provides instruction in Art and advising for students pursing the Associate of Fine Arts. This position also contributes to General Education, and to College and Division initiatives.
1. Maintains mastery of subject matter;
2. Teaches in various formats and in various locations;
3. Establishes learning outcomes that are relevant and meaningful;
4. Evaluates student progress in a fair, consistent, and timely manner;
5. Maintains accurate records of student performance and submits grades according to deadlines;
6. Serves on College committees;
7. Advises students;
8. Adheres to policies, procedures, values/ethics, expectations, and practices of the College Department, and discipline;
9. Positively contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement;
10. Oversees and maintains the Mac Computer Lab including checkout/return of video and photography equipment;
11. Oversees and trains adjunct instructors in use of the Mac Lab;
12. Maintains departmental webpage;
13. Assists with annual student art show including developing advertisement and invitations, instillation, and planning of receptions;
14. Works with area universities on developing and maintaining articulation of the Associate of Fine Arts;
15. Performs other duties as assigned.