- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, July 7, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s degree in Automotive Technology or related field-of-study from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Current ASE Master Certification with L1, or ability to attain within six months of hire date.
- 5 years of recent, relevant industry experience in an automotive repair facility.
- Experience and proficiency with automotive testing and diagnostic equipment.
- Teaching and/or industry training experience in automotive topics in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars
- Bachelor’s degree in Automotive Technology or related field-of-study from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- A-9 ASE certification.
- More than 5 years of recent, relevant industry experience in an automotive repair facility
- Teaching experience in a secondary or post-secondary automotive technology program
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
Under general supervision, this individual will develop, prepare and teach Automotive Systems Technology courses while caring for and maintaining the automotive facilities. Faculty will also be responsible for recruiting/advising students and collaborating with industry partners to ensure relevancy of the curriculum. Faculty may be required to teach in any of our Auto Systems Technology tracks, as appropriate.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact