Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. A minimum of an Associate’s degree in Baking and Pastry Arts, Culinary Technology or related field
2. Five years of full-time or equivalent professional experience working as a baking/pastry chef.
3. Experience in a variety of baking applications, including documented management responsibility for recipe and menu development.
4. Experience with chocolate and sugar artistry showpieces.
5. Eligible for or in possession of American Culinary Federation certification.
1. Experience teaching at a community college.
2. Experience in culinary competitions.
3.Experience with online and virtual teaching.
4. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position provides instruction in Baking & Pastry and Culinary Arts and advising for students pursuing the Associate and/or Certificate in Baking and Pastry Arts.
1. Maintains mastery of subject matter.
2. Develops and/or teaches courses for which the appropriate credential is held.
3. Teaches in various formats, various locations, and via various delivery methods.
4. Advises students.
5. Adheres to policies, procedures, expectations, and practices of the College, the department, and discipline.
6. Communicates clearly with students, other faculty, and staff.
7. Contributes to a safe and secure campus environment.
8. Enforces Code of Classroom Conduct and Code of Student Conduct.
9. Assists with program reviews, program accreditation, and SACSCOC accreditation as appropriate.
10. Attends meetings and events and actively participate on committees and taskforces.
11. Attends the annual commencement ceremony.
12. Teaches all levels of courses specific to the Baking and Pastry Arts curriculum including labs productions, co-op and classroom instruction as well as introductory levels of courses in the Culinary Technology curriculum.
13. Attains and/or maintains professional certifications as applicable in the field.
14. Models and teaches safe and sanitary kitchen practices, uniform standards and adheres to student brigade system.
15. Participates in formal or informal coaching of culinary hot food competition team, as needed.
16. Maintains awareness of general maintenance and repair issues in the kitchen and reports safety, sanitation or maintenance issues immediately.
17. Upholds the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
18. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
19. Supports diversity in all aspects.