Instructor, Baking & Pastry, full-time (10 month)
Morehead City, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, March 27, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education & Experience: Associate's Degree in Baking & Pastry OR Culinary Arts or equivalent and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a commercial kitchen that has a Pastry Department, or 10 years of experience in a commercial kitchen. ServSafe Certified.
Knowledge and Skills: Teaching and administrative experience leading to this level of responsibility. Demonstration of skills in the areas of: communication, organization, and managing multiple priorities; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, community groups, and others; and demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team environment.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds 100 feet. Have the strength and stamina to work on your feet for a continuous 12 hours.
See minimum qualifications
Carteret Community College is accepting applications for a full-time (10-month) Baking & Pastry Arts Instructor. Applications will be accepted through March 27, 2023.
This proposed start date is August 1, 2023. The position is a 10-month position, from August 1 - May 30th, which is paid over 12 months.
Salary Range: $45,350 - $60,000., commensurate with education and experience
The instructor will conduct college courses for undergraduate students by performing the following duties:
Teaching and Learning:
- Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as recommended by the program chairperson and approved by the division dean.
- Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful.
- Adhere to the departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers SACS-approved competencies.
- Working within a budget, order supplies and materials for labs; supervise and prepare lab activities and assignments as needed.
- Fulfill the duties of lab instructor in supervision of students as applicable.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining all required college records including attendance and grade reports, roll books, etc.
- Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments where applicable.
- Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course.
- Maintain, review, and update course descriptions, objectives, and outlines for courses of instruction and develop new courses of study as necessary.
- Make recommendations to curriculum area coordinator for selection of supplies, equipment, equipment repairs, textbooks for courses of study, and the scheduling of classroom and laboratory facilities.
- Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise.
- Assist with the development of new programs in the area of expertise.
- Assist in annual budget planning.
- Provide assistance to advisees.
- Participate in department, division and college-wide advising activities.
- Learn and maintain proficiency with program requirements of assigned advisees.
- Use the computer and the college’s student information system to assist advisees.
- Follow up on all assigned advisees.
- Attend training sessions relative to advising.
- Develop a professional development plan that is approved by the program chairperson and then the division dean and participate in those activities that achieve approved professional development activities.
- Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for position.
- Keep abreast of current technology.
- Attend workshops, conferences, and professional meetings.
- Participate in on-campus professional development activities.
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures.
- Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings.
- Serve on committees as required.
- Participate in college-wide activities.
- Maintain contact with specialized vocations where applicable.
- Be alert to public relations opportunities and use these to promote the college and the department.
- Assist in planning and conducting advisory committee meetings.
- Participate in and create fundraising opportunities.
Must have the ability to accommodate a flexible working schedule. There may be limited travel both within service area and outside service area for education and program advancement. .
Carteret Community College is an EEO/E-verify employer. Job offers are conditional subject to a successful background check.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557