133 James Sprunt Dr.
Kenansville, NC 28349
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, June 5, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES::
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities
required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
· Proficiently operate a computer and related software.
· Use active listening skills.
· Be proactive, anticipate problems, and try to solve them independently.
· Be organized, with a flexible attitude.
· Be a team player,
· Demonstrate integrity (honesty, trustworthiness, high moral values)
· Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
· Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
NOTE: THIS POSITION REQUIRES UNOFFICIAL COPIES OF YOUR
TRANSCRIPT(S) BE SUBMITTED IN ADDITION TO THE APPLICATION IN
ORDER TO QUALIFY. TRANSCRIPTS MUST CLEARLY SHOW "DATE AWARDED"
OR "DATE CONFERRED" TO BE ACCEPTABLE. PLEASE HAVE THESE
DOCUMENTS READY TO UPLOAD WHEN APPLYING.
Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skill and abilities.
Required: Master's Degree in Biology or Master's Degree with 18 graduate hours in
Biology. Excellent communication and human relations skills.
Preferred: Some directly related work experience. Some teaching experience. Some
experience with instructional delivery via distance learning. Some community college
Preferred: Bilingual; Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
MINIMUM SALARY: $4,440 PER MONTH
MAXIMUM SALARY: DEPENDENT UPON QUALIFICATIONS
Plan, prepare for and teach assigned courses; evaluate student progress and provide
academic advising; maintain necessary records and submit institutional reports in a
timely manner; assist in departmental and institutional planning; provides quality
learning experiences, facilitates the learning process, advises students, seeks
professional development opportunities, and contributes to the development of
curriculum courses/programs. The work is performed under the supervision of the
Department Head – General Education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Some incumbents may not
perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
· Meets and holds classes as scheduled;
· Provides assistance to students;
· Refers students to other college staff when necessary;
· Prepares, implements and evaluates student learning outcomes based upon program outcomes;
· Keeps current on subject matter and teaching methodologies; ·
Maintains student records and monitors student progress;
· Completes and submits institutional reports on a timely basis;
· Provides input and participates in College's Planning Process;
· Maintains required office hours each week; · Recruits students and implements retention strategies;
· Participates/assists with coordination of specific program/course management;
· Implements the College's Academic Advising System;
· Serves as Advisor to selected student organizations and/or associations;
· Serves as liaison between college, student, public, community and business/industry in area of professional expertise;
· Continuously analyzes and evaluates instructional results to improve instruction and evaluation of student progress;
· Evaluates educational equipment, computer hardware, and software needs;
· Provides students and college with written course expectations as defined by the college including general course information, course objectives, methods used in evaluation of students, grading policy, attendance policy, textbooks, etc.;
· Provides supervisor with a copy of all course SLOs and SLO assessments;
· Provides supervisor with copy of all current course syllabi; ·
Assists with connecting program learning outcomes to institutional competencies;
· Conducts on-going self-evaluations to improve instructional techniques and
· Provides assistance in implementing the College's Program Review process and recommendations;
· Promotes a positive image of college;
· Engages in a program of professional development and community service;
· Assists students with career opportunities;
· Inventories equipment on an annual basis;
· Serves on college committees;
· Acquires computer/technology competencies as appropriate to position;
· Assists with equipment and software maintenance;
· Maintains security of personal computer access;
· Performs other professional or job-related duties as assigned.