Blue Ridge Community College, Flat Rock, North Carolina.
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, October 1, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Join Our Team!
Blue Ridge Community College is currently accepting applications for an Instructor- Biology & Science Lab, 9 month. The primary purpose of this position is to sustain a high-quality teaching performance in Biology including appropriate course loads. Maintain and Manage the Chemistry and Biology lab. This load may include seated, hybrid, and online classes with day and evening course assignments which may include courses at any campus location or any area high school. The position will be based on the Henderson County campus.
Education: Must have a Master of Science degree in Biology or a master’s degree in a closely related field with 18 graduate hours in Biology.
Experience: Previous teaching experience and the proven ability to work in an environment in which change is a highly valued cultural characteristic is required. A minimum of two years of teaching experience is preferred. Must be able to demonstrate through education and/or experience the skills necessary to teach developmental and curriculum level General Biology, Microbiology, and Anatomy & Physiology.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong personal and professional integrity, work ethic, and a commitment to safety.
- Student-centered mindset.
- A solution-centered mindset works well in a team setting.
- Team player who contributes to a positive environment and a department workplace emphasizing institutional core values.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- Demonstrate proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or similar products, database systems, College email and website, and other computer applications associated with the position.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with community organizations, high school partners, college staff, and the general public.
- Flexible schedule- is available in the evenings and on weekends as needed
The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution
How to Apply
Job Post Contact