- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s degree in Business Administration, or a Master’s degree in a related field that includes 18 graduate hours in Business courses, from a regionally accredited institution
- 3 years of experience in accounting, banking or finance, economics, entrepreneurship, human resource management, leadership, management, marketing, sales, and/or supply chain management
- Post-secondary teaching and/or professional training experience in business administration, accounting, economics, human resource management, and/or supply chain management in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars
- 18 graduate hours in Accounting, Economics, Human Resource Management, or Supply Chain Management
- Doctoral degree in a relevant field from a regionally accredited institution
- More than 3 years of experience in accounting, banking or finance, economics, entrepreneurship, human resource management, leadership, management, marketing, sales, and/or supply chain management
- Community college teaching experience in business courses.
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
The Division of Business, Creative & Performing Arts at Guilford Technical Community College seeks an energetic, enthusiastic, and collaborative business professional/educator to join our team. Under general supervision, this individual will prepare and teach courses designed for transfer and in support of career and transfer Business programs. Courses may include, but are not limited to, Introduction to Business, Business Finance, Business Law, Management, Marketing, Personal Finance plus various business electives such as Business Ethics, Human Resource Management, International Business, Logistics, Professional Selling, Social Media Marketing, and Small Business Management. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Microsoft software, including Excel, and should be prepared to integrate these technology skills into the classroom, be able to teach at times and locations that meet the needs of students, and be committed to working constructively with all facets of a growing Business Administration program within a community college setting.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact