- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education– the faculty member will have the educational background needed to meet accreditation/approval, certification and departmental requirements.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Human Resources Management or Organizational Management; or a related field that includes 18 graduate hours in Human Resources Management or Organizational Management from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• 3 years of recent professional experience working in a human resources role, such as recruitment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, or training and development.
• 1 year of post-secondary teaching and/or professional training experience in Human Resources in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, or continuing education seminars.
• Doctoral degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or Organizational Behavior from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Current professional certifications in human resources, such as a certification from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
• Greater than 3 years of recent professional experience working in a human resources role, such as recruitment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, or training and development.
• Greater than 1 year of post-secondary teaching and/or professional training experience in Human Resources in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, or continuing education seminars.
• Community college teaching experience teaching
• Experience with distance learning or alternate instructional delivery systems.
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. The successful candidate will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
The Division of Business, Creative & Performing Arts at Guilford Technical Community College seeks an energetic, enthusiastic, and collaborative human resource professional/educator to join our team. Under general supervision by the Dean and Department Chair, this individual will prepare and teach courses designed in support of the Business Administration – Human Resources program to include Training and Development, Compensation and Benefits, Employment Laws and Regulations, Recruit Selection and Personnel Planning, and Human Resource Management Applications. The ideal candidate should be prepared to integrate technology skills into the classroom, be able to teach at times and locations that meet the needs of students, and be committed to working constructively with all facets of a growing Business Administration program within a community college setting.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact