- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, January 2, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Human Resources Management or Organizational Behavior; or a related field that includes 18 graduate hours in Human Resources Management or Organizational Behavior from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- 3 years of recent professional experience working in a human resources role, such as recruitment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, or training and development.
- 3 years of post-secondary teaching and/or professional training experience in Human Resources in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, or continuing education seminars.
- Doctoral degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or Organizational Behavior from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Current professional certifications in human resources, such as a certification from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Greater than 3 years of recent professional experience working in a human resources role, such as recruitment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, or training and development.
- Greater than 3 years of post-secondary teaching and/or professional training experience in Human Resources in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, or continuing education seminars.
- Community college teaching experience teaching
- Experience with distance learning or alternate instructional delivery systems.
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of N.C. Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional leader, who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the team.
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. The successful candidate will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
The Division of Business, Creative & Performing Arts at Guilford Technical Community College seeks an energetic, enthusiastic, and collaborative human resource professional/educator to join our team. Under general supervision by the Dean and Department Chair, this individual will prepare and teach courses designed in support of the Business Administration – Human Resources program to include Training and Development, Compensation and Benefits, Employment Laws and Regulations, Recruit Selection and Personnel Planning, and Human Resource Management Applications. The ideal candidate should be prepared to integrate technology skills into the classroom, be able to teach at times and locations that meet the needs of students, and be committed to working constructively with all facets of a growing Business Administration program within a community college setting.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact