Instructor, Business Administration
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, May 27, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Marketing, or Supply Chain Management/ Logistics; or a Master’s degree in a related field that includes 18 graduate hours in Supply Chain Management or Marketing courses from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- 3 years of recent professional experience working in marketing, social media marketing, supply chain management, or global logistics.
- 3 years of post-secondary teaching and/or professional training experience in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, or continuing education seminars.
- Doctoral degree in Business Administration or a related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS), Institute of Supply Management (ISM), or Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) Industry Certification
- More than 3 years of recent professional experience working in marketing, social media marketing, supply chain management, or global logistics.
- More than 3 years of post-secondary teaching and/or professional training experience in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, or continuing education seminars.
- Community college teaching experience
- Proficiency with current versions of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with SAP, TMS, and/or Trade Compliance software
- Experience with distance learning instructional delivery systems.
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of N.C. Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional leader, who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the team.
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. The successful candidate will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
The Division of Business, Creative & Performing Arts at Guilford Technical Community College seeks an energetic, enthusiastic, and collaborative business professional/educator to join our team. Under general supervision, this individual will prepare and teach courses designed for transfer and in support of career-technical Business Department programs, specifically in the Marketing and/or Supply Chain Management areas. Courses may include, but are not limited to: Principles of Marketing, Fundamentals of Selling, and Introduction to Logistics. The ideal candidate should be prepared to integrate technology skills into the classroom, be able to teach at times and locations that meet the needs of students, and be committed to working constructively with all facets of a growing business program within a community college setting.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact