Morehead City, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, June 18, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: A business-related master's degree from an accredited school. Preferred: 18 graduate hours in accounting; Quickbooks experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstration of skills in the areas of: technology used by business entities (e.g. Microsoft Office and QuickBooks), curriculum program development;
- communication, organization, and managing multiple priorities;
- ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, community groups, and others;
- demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team environment.
Preferred: Experience in teaching on-line courses as well as traditional seated classes at the community college level or higher and experience with a learning management system (LMS).
See minimum qualifications
Carteret Community College (Morehead City, NC) is accepting applications for a full-time (10-month) Business Administration Instructor to conduct business-related college courses for undergraduate students. Enjoying living, working, and playing at the beach! Benefits include pension, low-cost ($25) employee health care, low-cost optional insurance such as vision and dental, paid sick leave, and paid holidays.
Applications will be accepted through June 18, 2023.
Anticipated start date: August 1, 2023
Applicants must attach to their application an unofficial transcript from an accredited college reflecting a business-related master's degree. If hired, an official transcript will then be required prior to the first day of work.
Teaching and Learning:
- Teach courses assigned by the chairperson and approved by the division dean.
- Design and implement instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful.
- Adhere to the departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers approved student learning outcomes.
- Maintain all required college records including attendance and grade reports, roll books, etc. \
- Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course.
- Implement required student learning outcomes assessment
- Assist students in receiving needed instructional assistance or reporting problems utilizing college procedures
- Maintain, review, and update course descriptions, learning outcomes, and course syllabi
- Annually review programs of study for accuracy with current curriculum standards and combined course library
- Recommend supplies, equipment, equipment repairs, textbooks, and the scheduling of classroom and laboratory facilities.
- Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise.
- Assist with the development of new programs in the area of expertise.
- Assist in the scheduling of classes.
- Utilize student learning outcomes assessment results to improve courses/program
- Provide assistance to advisees.
- Participate in department, division, and college-wide advising activities.
- Learn and maintain proficiency with the program requirements of assigned advisees.
- Use the computer and the college’s student information system to assist advisees.
- Follow up on all assigned advisees.
- Attend training sessions relative to advising.
- Develop a professional development plan that is approved by the chairperson and then the dean and participate in those activities that achieve approved professional development activities.
- Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for the position.
- Keep abreast of current technology.
- Attend workshops, conferences, and professional meetings.
- Participate in on-campus professional development activities
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures.
- Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings.
- Serve on committees as required.
- Participate in college-wide activities, including attendance at graduation.
- Oversee the acquisition, maintenance, storage and organization of required software, hardware and networking sources, as appropriate.
- Maintain contact with specialized vocations where applicable.
- Be alert to public relations opportunities and use these to promote the college and the department.
- Assist in planning and conducting advisory committee meetings.
Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Applicants must attach to their application an unofficial transcript from an accredited college reflecting a business-related master's degree. If hired, an official transcript will then be required prior to the first day of work. Transcripts are considered official when we receive them direct from the college or university.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557