- Skilled Crafts
Closes: Wednesday, December 20, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Diploma in Carpentry from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution or the equivalent (e.g., journeyman apprentice).
- 3 years of relevant industry experience in the construction industry as a carpenter
- Teaching and/or industry training experience in carpentry topics in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars
- Associate’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution
- OSHA Certifications
- More than 3 years of relevant industry experience in the construction industry as a carpenter
- Postsecondary teaching experience
- Experience with commercial construction processes
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of NC. Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional leader who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the instructional team.
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
Under general supervision, this individual will prepare and teach carpentry courses designed for career technical programs while caring for and maintaining the carpentry facilities. The faculty member must be able to instruct a wide variety of building processes in a laboratory environment and may be required to teach day, evening and/or weekend hours.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact