- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, June 17, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Graduate with at least 10 years of over the road experience as a CDL Class A Driver. Must have a valid NC Driver’s License. DMV Third Party Examiner Certification with a strong background in Safety Training and Supply Chain Management knowledge required. Must have prior teaching experience and be Federal Motor Carrier Compliant.
Responsible for providing effective instruction of the CDL Program consistent with established objectives, accurate record keeping and reporting.
- Provide effective learning experiences for students using a variety of teaching methods.
- Maintain attendance for each class and assess periodically the success and retention rate of students in each class.
- Prepare and present course material to the students in such a manner as to be relevant and informative.
- Evaluate student performance.
- Support the efforts of the CDL Program in addressing recruitment and retention of students.
- Support college efforts to improve student success and progression through existing programs.
- Maintain classroom environment and report problems in a timely manner.
- Safeguard and keep accurate inventory of instructional and office equipment and report any irregularities to the Vice President.
- Maintain accurate records of students enrolled in classes and submit paperwork according to the established schedule.
- Present to the Vice President recommendations for improving the instructional programs.
- Attend all scheduled staff and faculty meetings unless there is a conflict with a scheduled class.
- Work with the program advisory committee related to curriculum.
- Participate in on-going curriculum review and formal evaluation and implementation necessary changes for improvement.
Job Post Contact
Morgan R, Bland, Director of Human Resources
**Applicants must submit a completed Nash Community College application and unofficial transcripts in order to be considered. Applications referencing resumes will not be considered. Completed applications need to be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Human Resources, PO Box 7488, Rocky Mount, NC 27804**