Rocky Mount, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, December 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Graduate with at least 10 years of over the road experience as a CDL Class A Driver. Valid NC Driver’s License and DMV Third Party Examiner Certified with a strong background in Safety Training and Supply Chain Management knowledge. Must have prior teach experience and be Federal Motor Carrier Compliant.
Prior teaching/training experience preferred
*** Position will be posted until filled ***
Responsible for providing effective instruction of the CDL Program consistent with established objectives, accurate record keeping and reporting.
- Provide effective learning experiences for students using a variety of teaching methods.
- Maintain attendance for each class and assess periodically the success and retention rate of students in each class.
- Prepare and present course material to the students in such a manner as to be relevant and informative.
- Evaluate student performance.
- Support the efforts of the CDL Program in addressing recruitment and retention of students.
- Support college efforts to improve student success and progression through existing programs.
- Maintain classroom environment and report problems in a timely manner.
- Safeguard and keep accurate inventory of instructional and office equipment and report any irregularities to the Vice President.
- Maintain accurate records of students enrolled in classes and submit paperwork according to the established schedule.
- Present to the Vice President recommendations for improving the instructional programs.
- Attend all scheduled staff and faculty meetings unless there is a conflict with a scheduled class.
- Work with the program advisory committee related to curriculum.
- Participate in on-going curriculum review and formal evaluation and implementation necessary changes for improvement.
- Participate in professional development activities provided by NCC.
- Participate in College events and activities.
- Maintain regular and consistent on-site attendance during normal hours of college operations in fulfillment of duties not inconsistent with the expectations for full-time employees and College policies and procedures.
- Initiate and answer telephone calls and video conference calls.
- Perform duties as assigned which will contribute to the efficient and effective operation of NCC.
- Serve on various committees as assigned.
- Participate in and support ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation to improve student learning.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees may request reasonable accommodation(s) if necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Maintain stationary position, sitting or standing, for extended periods of time.
- Operate a computer and other office machinery.
- Occasionally lift, move, transport, install, or remove items weighing up to 15 pounds.
- The ability to communicate information so that others understand.
- The ability to observe details.
- Occasionally move to different classrooms across campus to provide instruction, advising, and instructional support.
- Drive to remote instructional sites or other locations in performance of the duties listed in this job description.