Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, NC 28801
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, February 24, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Master’s degree in Chemistry or related discipline with at least 18 graduate hours in Chemistry;
2. Teaching experience in higher education;
3. Experience as an instructor with learning management systems within the past five years such as Moodle or Blackboard.
1. Experience teaching at a community college;
2. Experience advising students;
3. Experience with Smartboards, MasteringChemistry, Sappling, ChemDraw, and MicroSoft Office Suite;
4. Experience teaching Organic Chemistry and/or Biochemistry;
5. Experience with interface equipment such as PASCO Scientific;
6. Experience with NMR, FT-IR, GC/MS instrumentation;
7. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position provides instruction in the Chemistry & Physics Department and advising for students pursing the Associate of Science degree.
1. Maintains mastery of subject matter;
2. Develops and/or teaches courses for which the appropriate credential is held;
3. Teaches in various formats, various locations, and via various delivery methods;
4. Advises students;
5. Adheres to policies, procedures, expectations, and practices of the College, the department, and discipline;
6. Communicates clearly with students, other faculty, and staff;
7. Contributes to a safe and secure campus environment;
8. Enforces Code of Classroom Conduct and Code of Student Conduct;
9. Assists with program reviews, program accreditation, and SACSCOC accreditation as appropriate;
10. Attends meetings and events and actively participate on committees and taskforces;
11. Attends the annual commencement ceremony;
12. Upholds the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement;
13. Supports diversity in all aspects;
14. Performs other duties as assigned.