Martin Community College Main Campus and/or other MCC Instructional locations
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with major course work in education or a topic related to the assigned area of instruction.
- One or more years of experience in an instructional setting as a tutor or teacher.
Under direct supervision, the College and Career Readiness (CCR) Instructor provides basic skills instruction to students through lecture, demonstration, exercises, handouts, responding to questions and testing at the main campus or other Martin Community College locations; advises and counsel students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide CCR instruction to students including general math, algebra, geometry, English, spelling, reading, writing, science, history and geography; prepare lesson plans and schedule activities; develop and prepare supplemental materials to enhance textbook lessons.
- Develop and prepare tests to evaluate student performance; grade and record individual scores.
- Counsel and advise students; administer a variety of tests; assist with the development of realistic goals and objectives; conduct evaluation sessions and testing for students; determine interests and appropriate schedule and classes to fit student needs.
- Participate in curriculum and course development, evaluation and change; attend faculty meetings as required.
- Prepare, maintain and update a variety of confidential student files including progress reports, counseling activities and follow-up strategies.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance and performance; maintain other records and data bases according to program needs or accreditation requirements.
- Participate in the compilation, composition, preparation and distribution of all program reports including quarterly reports.
- May oversee and review overall instructional process for the ABE/AHS classes in a n assigned center; coordinate curriculum planning, documentation and lab organization with instructors; participate in the evaluation of an assigned center’s environment and instructional process.
- Research and review the ABE Program Guide, CASAS competencies and AHS Diploma Guides to develop and update program curriculum.
- Stay abreast of new developments and changes in various academic fields; participate in staff development programs, workshops, seminars and other continuing education programs as appropriate.
- Serve on and participate in a variety of college committees and other institutional activities and programs.
- May participate in the development and administration of the goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures regarding an assigned college academic program; recommend modified systems, policies and procedures.
- Investigate excessive student absence; work with students to resolve significant problems.
- Identify and contact outside resources for student assistance and counseling.
- May clean tables; may rearrange classroom furniture as needed.
- May discipline students as necessary.
- Serve as a liaison between local probation officers, social services personnel and college students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
POOLING APPLICANT NOTICE:
This job posting is being used to capture a pool of qualified candidates for the upcoming semester(s). CCR Instructors are part-time, non-salaried employees who are paid for their hours worked and are hired on an as-needed basis. A job posting does not imply an open position exists at this time. The need for CCR Instructors changes from semester to semester and should be considered temporary in nature. Applications will be evaluated only when a specific need occurs.