- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution required. A minimum of 3 years experience teaching full-time in a Middle School, High School, or higher education institution required.
Responsible for the instruction, planning, coordination, implementation and management of Adult Basic Education (ABE) and High School Equivalency (HSE) classes.
· Coordinate and provide instruction to adult learners based on the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) Adult Basic and Adult Secondary Education Content Standards for Language Arts (including reading, writing, speaking and listening), Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Technology, and Career Skills Development and Exploration.
· Demonstrate a mastery of subject matters and contextualized instruction in their field/discipline.
· Plan, organize and develop lessons, units, and programs to improve students’ functional and academic competencies through integration.
· Interview, counsel and test new students, and develop an appropriate individual education plan which will assist the student in achieving his or her educational goals.
· Develop and maintain a support program for adult students that include tutoring, encouragement, motivation, and timely feedback on work.
· Evaluate data to inform instruction.
· Prepare reports in a timely manner.
· Enter attendance daily.
· Must be willing to work a flexible schedule as requested by the Director, College and Career Readiness.
· Recommend material and budget needs.
· Maintain an inventory of study materials and equipment.
· Participate in learning activities/staff development which will enhance the understanding of the individualized instruction process and adult basic skills teaching strategies and techniques.
· Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director, College and Career Readiness.
· Participate in professional development activities provided by NCC.
· Participate in College events and activities.
· Perform other duties as assigned which contribute to the efficient and effective operation of NCC.
· Serve on various committees as assigned.
· Participate in and support ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation to improve student learning.
How to Apply
**Do not reference resume when completing the NCC application. Applications that reference the applicants resume will be considered as incomplete and will not be forwarded to the hiring supervisor for review. Transcripts must be submitted with the application. Applications packet that do not contain transcripts will be considered as incomplete and will not be forwarded to the hiring supervisor for review.**
Job Post Contact