Instructor, College & Career Readiness (Bertie Correctional Institute) (Part-time) (DAY POSITION)
Bertie Correctional Institute - Windsor, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, June 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in education
• One year of teaching experience
• Experience maintaining student and program records
• Ability to use email
• Ability to use and teach computer skills such as Microsoft Excel and Word
• Experience counseling and working with diverse population
To provide instruction to students through lecture, demonstration, exercises, handouts, responding to questions and testing at the main campus or other Martin Community College locations; advises and counsels students.
This position will be stationed at the Bertie Correctional Institution in Windsor, NC. Applicants must be comfortable working inside a prison setting.
• Provide instruction to students including general math, algebra, geometry, English, spelling, reading, writing, science, computers, history and geography; prepare lesson plans and schedule activities; develop and prepare supplemental materials to enhance textbook lessons.
• Develop and prepare tests to evaluate student performance; grade and record individual scores.
• Counsel and advise students; administer a variety of tests; assist with the development of realistic goals and objectives; conduct evaluation sessions and testing for students; determine interests and appropriate schedule and classes to fit student needs.
• Participate in curriculum and course development, evaluation, and change; attend faculty meetings as required.
• Prepare, maintain, and update a variety of confidential student files including progress reports, counseling activities and follow-up strategies.
• Maintain accurate records of student attendance and performance; maintain other records and data bases according to program needs or accreditation requirements.
• Participate in the compilation, composition, preparation, and distribution of all program reports including quarterly reports.
Need to be available days between 8am – 3:30pm Tuesday - Thursday
How to Apply
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
Applicants interested in applying for the above position should submit:
- Completed and signed Martin Community College application (www.martincc.edu/jobs)
- Copy of college transcripts (originals will be required if offer of employment is extended)
- Resume and cover letter (not accepted in lieu of application)
Application materials may be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with position title in the subject line OR mailed to: Martin Community College, Attn: Office of Human Resources 1161 Kehukee Park Road Williamston, NC 27892
Job Post Contact
Morgan R. Price, Director of Human Resources
Martin Community College
1161 Kehukee Park Road, Williamston, NC 27892
Phone - 252.789.0224