- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, August 20, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum of one year previous adult teaching experience and above average math skills.
** This posting is for a potential instructional opportunity at Peacemakers. Initial and continued employment is contingent upon the needs to the college. **
Responsible for the instruction, planning, coordination, implementation and management of Adult Basic Education (ABE) and High School Equivalency (HSE) classes at an off-site location.
- Coordinate and provide instruction to adult learners based on the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) Adult Basic and Adult Secondary Education Content Standards for Language Arts (including reading, writing, speaking and listening), mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Technology and career skills development and exploration.
- Demonstrate a mastery of subject matters and contextualized instruction in their field/discipline.
- Plan, organize and develop lessons, units, and programs to improve students’ functional and academic competencies through integration.
- Interview, counsel and test new students, and develop an appropriate individual education plan which will assist the student in achieving his or her educational goals.
- Develop and maintain a support program for adult students that include tutoring, encouragement, motivation, and timely feedback on work.
- Prepare reports in a timely manner.
- Recommend material and budget needs.
- Maintain an inventory of study materials and equipment.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director, College and Career Readiness.
- Participate in learning activities/staff development which will enhance the understanding of the individualized instruction process and adult basic skills teaching strategies and techinques.
Job Post Contact
All applicants must complete a Nash Community College Employment Application and submit it along with, where applicable, college transcripts to:
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 7488
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Fax number: 252-451-8201
Submit via email to email@example.com