Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, August 9, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
***IMPORTANT NOTE TO APPLICANTS***
When Human Resources receives enough qualified applications, we will move forward regardless of the posted close date (required field), but the position will remain open until filled
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Master’s degree in Communication; Communication Studies; Mass Communication; Human Communication or a degree in a related field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in Communication;
2. Experience teaching high school students or adults.
1. Experience teaching in a higher education setting;
2. Experience as an instructor with learning management systems within the past five years such as Moodle or Blackboard;
3. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position provides instruction in Communication and advising for students pursuing the Associate of Arts.
1. Maintains mastery of subject matter.
2. Develops and teaches courses for which the appropriate credential is held.
3. Teaches in various formats, various locations (potentially including satellite campuses and high schools), various times
(potentially including mornings, afternoons, and evenings, Mondays through Saturdays), and via various delivery methods
(potentially including face-to-face, online, hybrid, synchronously, and asynchronous).
4. Advises students and attends advising training to build advising competence.
5. Adheres to policies, procedures, expectations, and practices of the College, the department, and discipline.
6. Communicates clearly with students, other faculty, and staff.
7. Contributes to a safe and secure campus environment.
8. Applies Code of Classroom Conduct and Code of Student Conduct.
9. Assists with program reviews, program accreditation, and SACSCOC accreditation as appropriate.
10. Attends meetings and events and actively participates on committees and task forces.
11. Attends the annual commencement ceremony.
12. Upholds the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
13. Supports diversity in all aspects.
14. Establishes or upholds learning intended outcomes that are relevant and meaningful.
15. Evaluates student progress in a fair, consistent, and timely manner.
16. Develops, prepares, and delivers all levels of curriculum courses.
17. Completes required professional development annually.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.