- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, July 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Computer Information Technology, Network Management, Computer Science or a Master’s Degree with 18 graduate hours in Computer Science from a regionally accredited institution is required. Must have strong knowledge in the following areas:
- Networking / OS technologies (Virtualization, Cloud Computing, Windows Administration, Linux)
- Cybersecurity / Information Assurance
- Hardware / Software Support
- Database management software (Access, SQL Server, Oracle)
Preferred Qualifications: Experience teaching in a post-secondary setting with familiarity with online course management systems and current relevant industry certifications (Microsoft Technology Associate, A+ Certification, CCNA or other related IT certifications) preferred
Responsible for providing effective instruction consistent with established objectives, effective advisement of students, accurate record keeping and reporting, and curriculum or course review and evaluation. Teach assigned classes in Computer Information Technologies curriculum programs. Plan and organize instruction in ways that maximize student learning. Teaching assignments may occur at off-campus locations and include day day, evening, and online classes.
- Provide effective learning experiences for students using a variety of teaching methods.
- Give students at the beginning of each course a course outline which lists measurable learning objectives and expected outcomes of students and which follows the designated outline format of NCC.
- Develop and submit up-to-date course outlines to the Department Chair and the Vice President prior to the course being taught.
- Assess on a regular basis the success rate of students in each class taught, the retention and graduation rate of all advisees and submit this information to the respective Department Chair in May of each year.
- Contact students who are absent from class.
- Schedule regular student contact hours and post schedule prior to the end of the add period.
- Serve as curriculum student advisor as assigned and verify readiness for graduation.
- Maintain classroom environment and report problems in a timely manner.
- Maintain shop and lab safety within current regulations.
- Safeguard and keep accurate inventory of instructional and office equipment and report any irregularities to department chair.
- Leave classrooms suitable for the next class.
- Maintain accurate scholastic and membership records of students enrolled in classes and to submit reports according to the established schedule.
- Perform assigned duties during registration and extended registration.
- Present to the respective Department Chair recommendations for improving the instructional programs.
- Furnish input to the Department Chair as to supply, textbook, resource, and equipment needs for instructional purposes.
- Assume other necessary responsibilities and perform additional tasks as assigned by the Department Chair or College administration in meeting the mission of the institution.
Job Post Contact
Morgan R, Bland, Director of Human Resources
**Applicants must submit a completed Nash Community College application and unofficial transcripts in order to be considered. Applications referencing resumes will not be considered. Completed applications need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Human Resources, PO Box 7488, Rocky Mount, NC 27804**