Elizabeth City and Dare campuses
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, June 12, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or a computer science-related field from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Required knowledge includes networking infrastructure, operating systems, servers and hardware installation, as well as a working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Master's Degree in Information Technology or a computer science-related field or a Master's Degree with 18 graduate credit hours in Information Technology or a computer science-related field.
- The ideal candidate will possess expertise and/or industry certifications as MCSE, MCSA, CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+ or Red Hat (RHCT/RHCE), CCNA (or higher Cisco Networking certification), CISSP, or any combination of those listed.
- One year teaching experience.
The role of the Instructor, Computer Information Technology is to provide knowledge in his/her field of expertise and to promote various student-centered learning activities that will stimulate an interest in critical thinking and a desire for life-long learning. A successful candidate must be qualified to teach computer fundamental courses as well as teach theory and application in some or all of the following areas: hardware/software installation and maintenance, database management, operating systems and systems administration and/or networking. This position also assists with the operation and maintenance of computer labs within the Business, Computer Technology and Information Systems Department. The instructor will be expected to use various teaching strategies, understand student-learning styles and deliver content using multiple delivery methods including new technology systems.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact