Rocky Mount, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, November 2, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s Degree in Machining Technology, Computer-Integrated Machining or a related field from a regionally accredited institution. Experience in the machining field required. A bachelor’s degree in Industrial Technology or related field preferred. Must possess a minimum of four industry-recognized certification(s), i.e., National Institute of Metalworking Skills (NIMS) certifications, NC3, or must be able to obtain a minimum of four industry-recognized certifications within 1 year from the date of hire. Prior experience must include programming and setup of manual lathes, mills with CNC controllers, CNC machine tools or NIMS certifications in CNC turning and milling.
A bachelor's degree in Industrial Technology or related field preferred.
Responsible for providing effective instruction consistent with established objectives, effective advisement of students, accurate record-keeping and reporting, curriculum or course review and evaluation.
12 month position available January 2022
- Provide effective learning experiences for students using a variety of teaching methods.
- Give students at the beginning of each course a course outline which lists measurable learning objectives and expected outcomes of students and which follows the designated outline format of NCC.
- Develop and submit up-to-date course outlines to the Department Chair and Vice President prior to the course being taught.
- Assess on a regular basis the success rate of students in each class taught, the retention and graduation rate of all advisees and submit this information to the respective department chair in May of each year.
- Contact students who are absent from class.
- Schedule regular student contact hours and post schedule prior to the end of the add period.
- Serve as curriculum student advisor as assigned and verify readiness for graduation.
- Maintain classroom environment and report problems in a timely manner.
- Maintain shop and lab safety within current regulations.
- Safeguard and keep accurate inventory of instructional and office equipment and report any irregularities to department chair.
- Leave classrooms suitable for the next class.
- Maintain accurate scholastic and membership records of students enrolled in classes and to submit reports according to the established schedule.
- Perform assigned duties during registration and extended registration.
- Present to the respective Department Chair recommendations for improving the instructional programs.
- Furnish input to the Department Chair as to supply, textbook, resource, and equipment needs for instructional purposes.
- Attend all scheduled faculty meetings unless there is a conflict with a scheduled class.
- Work with the program advisory committee related to curriculum.
- Serve on institutional committees and to fulfill committee assignments.
- Participate in on-going curriculum review and formal evaluation and implement necessary changes for improvement.
- Stay abreast of changes in technology and obtain recognized certification(s) as required in identified software and/or hardware systems.
- Recognize technology-based instructional methodologies
- Instruct, as needed, on-line or technology based course(s) in keeping with the workload policy.
- Attend annual graduation exercises.
- Use Web Attendance feature of WebAdvisor.