Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, November 1, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of an Associate’s degree in Machining, Tool and Die, or Computer Integrated Machining;
2. Must have a minimum of two years of full-time or equivalent private sector work experience in machining;
3. Must have a minimum of one year of full-time or equivalent work experience in CNC programming;
1. Experience teaching at a community college.;
2. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position provides instruction in Computer Integrated Machining Department and advising for students pursuing the Associate of Science in Computer Integrated Machining.
1. Maintains mastery of subject matter.
2. Develops and/or teaches courses for which the appropriate credential is held.
3. Teaches in various formats, various locations, and via various delivery methods.
4. Advises students.
5. Adheres to policies, procedures, expectations, and practices of the College, the department, and discipline.
6. Communicates clearly with students, other faculty, and staff.
7. Contributes to a safe and secure campus environment.
8. Enforces Code of Classroom Conduct and Code of Student Conduct.
9. Assists with program reviews, program accreditation, and SACSCOC accreditation as appropriate.
10. Attends meetings and events and actively participates on committees and task forces.
11. Attends the annual commencement ceremony.
12. Upholds the College Vision, Mission, Values, and R.I.S.E statement.
13. Supports diversity in all aspects.
14. Establishes or upholds learning outcomes that are relevant and meaningful.
15. Evaluates student progress in a fair, consistent, and timely manner.
16. Develops, prepares, and/or delivers all levels of curriculum courses.
17. Completes required professional development annually.
18. Maintains machine shop equipment and work with chair for equipment repairs
19. Ensures lab equipment, stock, and other resources are available for classes
20. Ensures machine shop and labs are safe and meet regulatory standards
21. Supervises machine shop activities, assist students with lab assignments
22. Performs other duties as assigned.