Instructor, Computer Technologies ($8,000 Hiring Bonus)
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field from a regionally accredited university or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hour credits in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- 3 years relevant IT industry experience.
- Teaching and/or industry training experience in information technology topics in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars
- Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited university
- Current industry-recognized certification within the field of IT (A+, CCNA, CCIE, CCNP, CEH, CISSP, CISM, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MOS, Network+, Security+, Server+, etc.)
- Post-secondary teaching experience in Information Technology
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of NC. Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional leader, who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the team as our new Computer Technologies Instructor.
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
Under general supervision, this individual will develop, prepare and teach computer technology courses designed for transfer and support of career technical programs in Information Technology. This position could focus on areas of Information Technology including office applications, networking, cyber crime and cyber security. Faculty will also be responsible for advising students and collaborating with 4 year educational partners when appropriate to ensure transferability of courses.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact