- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, June 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field from a regionally accredited university or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hour credits in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
• At least one or more currently industry-recognized certifications within the fields of cyber crime, information security and networking (Security+, CEH, CISSP, CISM, CCNA, CCIE, CCNP)
• 3 years relevant IT industry experience in cyber crime or information security.
• Teaching and/or industry training experience in cyber crime and information security topics in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars
• Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited university
• At least one or more currently industry-recognized certifications within the field of IT and security (MCSA, MCSE, Server+, Network+, Security+, CEH, CISSP, CISM, CCNA, CCIE, CCNP, etc.)
• Post-secondary teaching experience in Information Technology
• Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
• Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
Under general supervision, this individual will develop, prepare and teach computer technology courses designed for transfer and support of career technical programs focusing on networking and IT. Faculty will also be responsible for advising students and collaborating with 4 year educational partners when appropriate to ensure transferability of courses.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact