- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, June 20, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice from a regionally accredited college.
- One year of online teaching experience.
- Three years of criminal justice related field experience.
- Three years of teaching experience, including nontraditional formats.
- Experience with Canvas and Datatel
- Completion of Quality Matters-related training
Teach criminal justice courses, conduct subject research, evaluate student progress, develop instructional plans to include design and development of courses, advise current students, recruit potential students, review and request new materials, maintain records and prepare a variety of reports as requested.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach program material as required by the schedule.
- Learn new skills to keep up with changing technology.
- Facilitate regular and substantive interaction via proactive communication with students.
- Participate in recruiting for new students.
- Ensure classrooms, labs, and lab equipment are in good repair and maintain a safe environment for students and employees.
- Serve as a mentor to students in your area of expertise.
- Develop syllabi for and instruct courses in Criminal Justice and related fields.
- Create, administer, grade and maintain records for exams, projects, activities, and reports for evaluation of students in each course.
- Advise students on a semester basis in relation to academic progress.
- Participate in the evaluation of and acquisition of instructional materials and equipment needs.
- Participate in the revision process as needed for course(s) or curriculums in the field or in related areas.
- Participate in professional organizations, attend conferences and workshops as appropriate and maintain professional contacts with instructors in similar instructional areas on other campuses.
- Assist in planning the annual advisory committee meetings, keep minutes, and assist in the recruitment of new members.
- Serve on campus committees and participate in campus activities.
- Maintain office hours at an office with Law Enforcement In-Service Training as part of the weekly workload.
- Assist in scheduling classes each semester.
- Participate in pre-registration and registration activities at SCC.
- Review and adopt course textbooks.
- Facilitate co-op work positions for students.
- Advise, supervise, and maintain records for students in co-op.
- Coordinate activities with the Criminal Justice Club and attend SGA functions, as needed
- Regularly utilize campus’ electronic media such as email, WebAdvisor, Datatel, and the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Participate in student recruitment of BLET, law enforcement in-service training, high school, and middle school students.
- Establish industry contacts by collaborating with Law Enforcement In-Service Training
- Work in conjunction with the CCP coordinator to increase student numbers.
- Participate in student retention by completing early alerts and referring to the student success center.
- Establish industry contacts and arrange for guest speakers, field trips, etc.
- Nominate and write recommendations for student awards and student career opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- New Employee On boarding
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Office
- Purple Briefcase
- School Dude
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Technician
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001