Instructor for Customized Training Project Toyota Battery Manufacturing North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Minimum of Associate Degree in Manufacturing Technology, Industrial Systems, Mechatronics, Automation Engineering, or a related field
- 3-5 years full-time work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with training in Industrial Safety, Powered Industrial Equipment, Fluid Power, Manufacturing Technology, Lean Manufacturing, Machining, Automation, and/or Industrial Networking
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Technology, Industrial Systems, Mechatronics, Automation Engineering, or a related field
- More than 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Teaching experience at the Community College level
- Experience teaching or administering a Certified Production Technician program, or similar
Instructor, Customized Training Project Toyota Battery Manufacturing North Carolina (TBMNC) reports directly to the Project Manager for the Customized Training Project – Toyota Battery Manufacturing North Carolina (TBMNC). Instructor provides quality learning experiences, facilitates the learning process, facilitates courses for the Customized Training Project, seeks professional development opportunities, and contributes to the development of courses for the Customized Training Project.
- Teach all assigned courses for the full duration of scheduled instruction
- Ensure that each class session contains essential curricular components, has appropriate content and pedagogy, and maintains currency
- Evaluate student progress and provide appropriate, timely feedback
- Incorporate appropriate instructional technology to enhance student learning
- Provide and/or facilitate quality experiences in laboratory and/or clinical settings to meet program needs
- Maintain cleanliness of instructional areas and laboratories
- Ensure the proper operation of classroom/lab equipment, reporting any malfunctions to the appropriate person(s)
- Recommend textbooks and other instructional materials, including classroom and laboratory equipment to Project Manager
- Develop and distribute course syllabi according to established template providing appropriate information to students concerning course expectations and evaluation criteria
Other Services to Students and Toyota Battery Manufacturing North Carolina
- Maintain appropriate on-campus hours and accessibility for students, RCC Faculty/Staff, and TBMNC staff
- Coordinate part-time instructional staff and 3rd party vendors for Customized Training Project
- Work with the CTP Project Manager and TBMNC staff to support new employee assessment administration.
- Maintain proper communication and supportive relationships at all times with CTP Project Manager, Director of Customized Training, TBMNC staff and all other college and community partners associated with TBMNC Customized Training Project.
- Prepare and submit all required CTP reports and/or support the CTP Project Manager in report submission.
Divisional Administrative Expectations
- Serve on and actively contribute to college committees as needed and as appointed by the President and/or VP of Continuing Education/Workforce Development
- Participate in institutional meetings and other announced co-curricular activities of the College, as appropriate
Other Duties Specific to this Position
- Typical workweek is Monday through Thursday (8:00 AM – 5:30 PM) and Friday (8:00 AM – 3:00 PM). However, adjustments to the schedule may occur due to training needs of TBMNC.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified individuals must apply online at https://www.randolph.edu/rcc-jobs.html.
Position is open until filled.
Job Post Contact
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205