Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, July 26, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree;
2. Must have a diploma and/or AAS degree from an accredited dental assisting/hygiene program;
3. Must have a minimum of three years of full-time or equivalent experience as a clinical dental assistant or dental hygienist;
4. Must have teaching experience in dental assisting/hygiene;
5. Must have current Continuing Dental Education experience in Dental Assisting course content;
6. Must have Educational Methodology coursework experience;
7. Must be a CDA;
8. Must be CPR/AED Certified.
1. Must have experience teaching at a community college;
2. Must have a minimum of five years of full-time or equivalent experience as a clinical dental assistant;
3. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position provides instruction in the Dental Assisting Department and advising for students pursuing the Dental Assisting Diploma and national certification
1. Maintains mastery of subject matter.
2. Develops and/or teaches courses for which the appropriate credential is held.
3. Teaches in various formats, various locations, and via various delivery methods.
4. Advises students.
5. Adheres to policies, procedures, expectations, and practices of the College, the department, and discipline.
6. Communicates clearly with students, other faculty, and staff.
7. Contributes to a safe and secure campus environment.
8. Enforces Code of Classroom Conduct and Code of Student Conduct.
9. Assists with program reviews, program accreditation, and SACSCOC accreditation as appropriate.
10. Attends meetings and events and actively participates in committees and task forces.
11. Attends the annual commencement ceremony.
12. Upholds the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
13. Supports diversity in all aspects.
14. Establishes or upholds learning outcomes that are relevant and meaningful.
15. Evaluates student progress in a fair, consistent, and timely manner.
16. Develops, prepares, and/or delivers all levels of curriculum courses.
17. Completes required professional development annually.
18. Supports department stability and growth by monitoring the dental climate state, nation and worldwide.
19. Performs quality assurance measures as related to clinic protocol and patient care.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.